Jeanneau launches new Sun Fast 3300 with Guillaume Verdier
2 Renowned Naval Architects
To create this high-performance sailboat, which is to be sailed either fully crewed or short handed, Jeanneau enlisted not one, but two renowned naval architects: Daniel Andrieu and Guillaume Verdier.
Daniel Andrieu, the naval architect behind the Sun Fast line since its inception, is a proven expert in optimizing for the IRC rating rule, as well as working with the Jeanneau builders to deliver boats of exceptional quality which Jeanneau customers expect. Guillaume Verdier, who is renowned for his work in the America’s Cup and Vendee Globe, will bring a mastery of computational fluid dynamics and finite element analysis to this project, just as he has in the past with other high performance boats, such as the 100’ Commanche and the IMOCA 60 Hugo Boss.
The complementary nature of these two experts enables the Sun Fast 3300 to be balanced and versatile, while also delivering IRC optimized performance, racing either inshore or offshore.
From a Curved Line, Performance
The innovative hull of the Sun Fast 3300 boasts a double concave, forward and aft.
These curved hollows on the center line enable an improved distribution of dynamic pressure, while limiting drag on the hull and minimizing the surface below the waterline for greater performance.
The structure and shape of the keel, carefully studied on this new Sun Fast, also enable a reduction in drag and an optimized center of gravity.
The result: a light, quick, reactive Sun Fast 3300 launched in March 2019.
Provisional general specifications
- Architects: Andrieu / Verdier
- Overall length: 10,49 m / 34’5’’
- Hull length: 9,99 m / 32’9’’
- Max beam: 3,40 m / 11’2’’
- Draft: 1,95 m / 6’5’’
- Displacement: env. 3500 kg / approx 7716 lbs
- CE category (in progress):A6 – B7 – C10
- Cabins: 2 Sail area upwind: 60 m2 / 646 Sq ft
- Sail area downwind (symmetrical spi.): 128 m2 / 1378
- Sq ft Engine: 15 CV / 15 HP
- Water capacity: 100 L / 26 US gal
- Fuel capacity: 50 L / 13 US gal
- Battery capacity: 120 Ah (+ 120 Ah opt.)
- IRC rating estimate: Around 1.015